November 2020 Coronavirus update for churches
Following the Prime Minister’s statement on 31 October, it has been confirmed that new National Restrictions will be brought into effect from 5 November 2020 (subject to a Commons vote on Wednesday) in England.* As part of these new restrictions, places of worship and their ancillary accommodation will have to close or remain closed for congregational worship and all other user groups, except for the following:
· Individual Prayer
· To broadcast acts of worship
· Funerals (a maximum of 30 close family & friends can attend)
· Formal childcare or where part of a school (including OFSTED registered early years settings)
· Essential voluntary and public services, such as blood donation or food banks
· Support Groups
· Place of work where the work cannot be carried out at home
· Repairs or construction work that is being undertaken
· Community cafés providing a take-away service only
Unfortunately wedding ceremonies will not be permitted to take place.
Until 5 November, the restrictions under the 3 tier system should be followed. After 5 November, the National Restrictions will take precedence until they are lifted. We will expect more details to follow over the coming week. All such updates will be posted on the Methodist website, Signpost for Ministry, TMCP website and the usual communications channels (including social media) as they are made available.