An incredible amphitheatre like structure which formerly was an old mine, Gwennap Pit is a place that John Wesley himself called 'the most magnificent spectacle this side of heaven'.
John Wesley himself preached on 18 occasions between 1762-1789.
It is a regular place of worship, but is also open to anyone to come and visit. It is included in the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site and is a place of spiritual significance to many.
There is also a visitor centre where you'll be warmly welcomed, and there is also a chapel next door.
On their first trip to Cornwall with John Wesley in 1743, two of his companions, John Nelson and John Downes, stopped at stonemason Digory Isbell's cottage to seek hospitality.
They were welcomed by his wife, Elizabeth. Nelson called again as he was leaving Cornwall and reportedly preached to some 300 people.
After that Wesley was also a regular lodger, and so Digory Isbell added a two-room 'Prophet's Chamber' to his cottage where Wesley and his preachers both stayed and preached.
The lower room of the Chamber is thought to be the smallest Methodist preaching place in the world.
Today Wesley Cottage is open for visitors and contains eighteenth-century furnishings and displays of Wesleyana.
A wide variety of retreat and study days are held throughout the year.